Welcome to the first episode of “On The Grind!” In this episode I have Brian Shimmerlik who is the founder and CEO of Vengo Labs. He has a very unique story and shares his journey with me of how he went from quitting corporate America and going all in on his idea and creating a state of the art vending machine. It wasn’t a easy journey to get to where he is today. Although he has a long road ahead of him he has already accomplished a lot. He recently appeared on the famous tv show Shark Tank and closed a $2 million dollar deal with Lori Greiner and Kevin O’ Leary! On top of that, he has raised a total of $7 million dollars to date with some of the biggest investors in the world. Including one of my favorite rap artist of all time NAS!
Find out how Brian got on Shark Tank and what his daily grind is like!
BRIAN’S WEBSITE: VENGO LABS
KEY TIME STAMPS
(Just click the time stamp to jump to the specific part in the episode)
- [12:46] – Challenges and roadblocks
- [17:18] – Nas, Queens Bridge Venture Partners as a investor
- [19:49] – Art to pitching venture firms
- [20:48] – Shark Tank experience
- [25:19] – THE GRIND
- [28:37] – Rise and Grind
- [32:48] – Hardest year he worked was 2012 and 2013
- [34:03] – The Golden Nugget